2013/10/02

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Approval

1. I will purchase and read The Language Construction Kit  by Mark Rosenfelder.  Rosenfelder is seen as a leader in the world of constructed languages.  This kit is almost always mentioned in discussions of language construction.  By reading this book, I will prepare myself to create a language of my own as well as learn basic linguistics for tackling Tolkien's languages.  On or before January 29th, I will run a lesson explaining the grammar of the language I have constructed (including methods of construction) for selected iPoly students and staff.

2.  As I read, I will keep a log documenting what I've read.  After this, I will be constructing my own language as evidenced by my notes which I will show to Ortega.  I will also include a few screen shots of important pages.  Finally, I will present my lesson on my language.

3.  In order to understand Tolkien's mind and purpose, I need to recreate his experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment